We appreciate your interest, and offer the pages in this section to help you learn a bit about who we are. Please contact us or visit us to learn more.
Join us at our newly renovated Church building, masks and sanitizers are provided. You can also still see us on YouTube! Click link below
Freehold Church of Christ YouTube Pagehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs2LtiDW0f8Lj6q3qGyrIog God is good………….all the time!
Wednesday Night Bible Study
Wednesday Night Bible Study or known as the Mid-week Bible Study is on old fashion tradition most familiar with those from rural places. We see it as a way to grow in knowledge and faith. We encourage everyone to read … Continue reading
Do you love to sing?
Do you love to sing? With all your heart? Acapella? Acappella in referring to singing unaccompanied by instruments, the traditional spelling is the Italian one, a cappella but we are in USA so we say acapella. We are not as … Continue reading
After Baptism: What are we to do? By Wendell Winkler
WE ARE TO WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE. Being “buried with him by baptism into death….even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). The person who has been born of God does not commit (continue living that old life of) sin characteristic before their conversion (1 John 3:9; Romans 6:1, 2). Such obtains on the basis of the persons genuine repentance (2 Cor. 7:10; Heb. 6:1).
WE ARE TO DESIRE THE SINCERE MILK OF THE WORD. “As new born babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 1:22, 23). This means I will (1 Tim. 2:15), study (2 Tim. 2:15), and meditate upon (1 Tim 4:15) God’s eternal word.
WE ARE TO BRING GLORY TO THE NAME OF CHRIST. Though I may suffer as a Christian I am to glorify God in this name (1 Pet 4:16). I am to never so live as to bring shame upon this high and holy name. Alexander the great conquered the world and wept because there was no more to conquer. But he had a coward, with his name, within his ranks. Alexander called this man into his presence one day and sternly said, “You change your way of living or you change your name!” We wear the name of Christ (Christian). We should live worthily of it. Otherwise, let us not hypocritically thus be identified!
WE ARE TO CONTINUE STEADFASTLY. Of those who were baptized on Pentecost it is written, “And they continued steadfastly…” (Acts 2:42). I am to be “steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord” (1 Cor. 15:58). I am not to be in and out, on and off, up and down, and hot and cold spasmodic, irregular, hit and miss in the Lord’s work. Inconsistent living will not get the job done.
WE ARE TO SEEK THOSE THINGS THAT ARE ABOVE. “If ye then be risen (referring back to having been risen from our burial with Christ in baptism, Col. 2:12) with Christ seek those things which are above…set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth” (Col. 3:1, 2). The Christian’s interest and affections are not only to run horizontal but vertical! Our father is in heaven (Mt. 6:9). Our citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20). Our inheritance is in Heaven (1 Peter 1:4). Our names are written in Heaven (Heb. 12:32). Our treasures are in Heaven (Mt. 6:19-21). Truly, then, we are to seek those things that are above, setting our affection on things above.
WE ARE TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT THE SAVIOR. Immediately upon his conversion Paul shared Christ with others (Acts 9:20). Upon finding Christ, Andrew and Phillip told Peter and Nathaniel (Jn. 1:40-51). We have been won to win, saved to save, converted to convert, discipled to disciple. “And things that thou has heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also (2 Tim 2:2).
– Wendell Walker
- WHAT IT MEANS TO PREACH JESUS…. By Bill Echols -Evangelist Comments Off on WHAT IT MEANS TO PREACH JESUS…. By Bill Echols -Evangelist
- We Must Obey God….Rather Than Men!!! by Evangelist Bill Echols Comments Off on We Must Obey God….Rather Than Men!!! by Evangelist Bill Echols
- Building An Evangelistic Church by Bill Echols Comments Off on Building An Evangelistic Church by Bill Echols
- The Work of An Evangelist! Comments Off on The Work of An Evangelist!
- “Soldiers of Christ Arise” by Evangelist Bill Echols Comments Off on “Soldiers of Christ Arise” by Evangelist Bill Echols
- “Opposition From Without and Within” by Bill Echols (Evangelist) Comments Off on “Opposition From Without and Within” by Bill Echols (Evangelist)
- Chosen In Christ – by Evangelist Bill Echols Comments Off on Chosen In Christ – by Evangelist Bill Echols
- SALVATION: Why Do We Need It..? by Evangelist Scott Smelser Comments Off on SALVATION: Why Do We Need It..? by Evangelist Scott Smelser
- God Remembers!!! Comments Off on God Remembers!!!